How to find MAC Address of any device:
A media access control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to a network interface controller (NIC) for use as a network address in communications within a network segment. This use is common in most IEEE 802 networking technologies, including Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
Example of a MAC address: 00:03:04:x1:8b:bb( this mac is randomly generated only for example purpose )
Follow these instructions to find your computer or mobile device’s media access control address (MAC address). Follow the steps for the operating system that you use.
Every device connected to your home network has a unique MAC address. If your computer has multiple network adapters (for example, an Ethernet adapter and a wireless adapter), each adapter has its own MAC address.
You can block or allow service to a specific device if you know its MAC address.
How to find your device’s MAC address:
In this Article we will talk about how to find your device’s MAC address. Let’s see the device list we will try to find the MAC address :
- Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista
- Windows 2003, XP, 2000, NT
- Mac OS X
How to find MAC address of Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista :
- Click Windows Start or press the Windows key.
- In the search box, type cmd.
- Press the Enter key.A command window displays.
- Type ipconfig /all.
- Press Enter.A physical address displays for each adapter. The physical address is your device’s MAC address.
MAC address of Windows 2003, XP, 2000, NT :
- Click Start > Run.A Run text box appears.
- In the Run text box, type cmd.
- Press Enter.A command prompt displays.
- In the command prompt, type ipconfig /all.
- Press Enter.Under Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection, a Physical Address displays. This is your computer’s Ethernet MAC address.
MAC address of Macintosh OS X :
- Select Apple Icon > System Preferences > Network > Advanced. A network box displays.
- Select WiFi. A WiFi Address or Airport Address displays. This is your device’s MAC address.
MAC address of Linux/Unix :
- Launch the terminal
- Type fconfig in terminal
- Your MAC address is displayed
MAC address of IOS :
- Select Settings > General > About.
- A Wi-Fi Address displays.
- This is your device’s MAC address.
MAC address of Android:
In most cases, you can follow this procedure to locate your MAC address:
Select Settings > About Device > Status.A WiFi Address or WiFi MAC Address displays. This is your device’s MAC address.
If this does not work, refer to your device’s user manual.
[Note: If you do not see your operating system listed, refer to your device’s user manual or product support website.]
Thank you for reading this post. If you are also ambitious to write blogs and want to improve your writing skills then create an account to this site and start writing new posts. You can also generate traffique for your site by writing your site’s post and link . See the rules of writing new post to know more.Also if you have any Question about this post or anything then comment below or mail me.